Work has begun on the platforms for the station on the new N gauge layout, i'm using a Metcalfe kit and the first section can be seen below (not quite finished yet). One problem at the moment is that the light fitting in the room i have the layout in has failed and as its winter and its dark by the time i get home i'm not going to be able to look at it until the weekend and i can turn the power off and still see.
Monday, November 23, 2015
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Project #067 the Twin Otter is nearly finished, just needs a varnish. There were some slight mishaps with the decals (its supposed to have red stripes down the sides) but the end result isn't bad. A nice end to the year's model making season (probably).
Monday, November 9, 2015
I think project #067 will be the last one this year and is proceeding well, painting is nearly finished and then there will be the dreaded decals. As i want to build some building kits for the railway layout next i probably won't have time to do another airfix kit this year before the real cold comes...
Sunday, November 8, 2015
I've removed quite a few trees from the layout, they are simply too big for an N gauge layout. There are a few which are a bit marginal but have been kept though may be removed once i get a few buildings so i can see how they look. On the score i have bought a couple of kits for station platforms and some houses. I've also bought a set of new trees which suit N gauge more. At the moment i've decided not to get any more stock until the scenery transition is more progressed. The 4-Cep unit is getting regular runs though and is working fine.