As you may remember my original waggon was out of service due to glue getting caught up in the coupling which meant the coupling did not move as the waggon itself moved around curves, causing derailments. I've finally got around to taking the couplings apart and finally "de-glueing" them. The waggon seems to run fine now with no mishaps so far! Its taken its place in Eskalon's departmental train.
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Friday, December 19, 2014
Because Falcon had developed a distinctly metallic grinding sound i had decided to put my oldest engine into storage however a final clean seems to have solved the issue so Falcon will remain active until i get a 5th engine at least! Its great to have Falcon back to normal as usually it was the smoothest of runners. In other news the main station has now been glued down and a couple of trees have been moved.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Time for a new waggon before Xmas? I picked up this nice Egger-Bahn waggon off Ebay, i was especially pleased to get it because of the colour, adding some real variety to the rest of the freight fleet which is in various shades of brown!
Monday, December 8, 2014
To get rid of a brown out caused by a dodgy point i've added a wire "bypass" for the point, i've also started using logs to cover up electric cables and other unnatural breaks in the scenery. Hopefully the layout won't end up looking like a hurricane has hit it with bits of wood all over the place!
Falcon will be withdrawn at the end of the year when a new coach for the Jam Sandwich arrives. One of the Zillertalbahn coaches will also be withdrawn (the non-push pull one) to make space for it. Falcon and the coach will be cleaned and then put in storage for 6-9 months when they will return and some other stock will take their turn have a rest.
I'm thinking now of getting another engine early next year, probably one of the new Liliput shunters but until then everything is running fine!