Monday, September 9, 2013

Not back from the dead

Its been a long time since the last update, thats basically because nothing has happened. A combination of getting on with my postgraduate degree, hot weather and laziness (probably the main one) has kept me from doing anything to Eskalon. Plus i was not really that happy with my ballast. So i hoovered up the excess (or Henry-ed up in my case) and thought again.

When i was building layouts as a boy something i never got around to using were scenic mats, but i thought i would rectify that and have put a ballast mat over my earlier attempt at gravel. I've also nailed the track down now and its running pretty well. One of the points de-couples trains and one part of the back loop can de-rail a propelled carriage at speed but i am working on these snags.

The final track layout has changed slightly, the entry to the future station area now uses a slightly tighter radius (but is cleaner) and the extra siding also uses a curve. A diagram of the layout is below though.

So Eskalon is finally seeing some progress!