Thursday, October 19, 2017

Project #078

Project #078 is now completed (bar the varnishing) and is the first Heller kit i've done. Its a Saab J29 in UN markings and has turned out pretty well.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

An operating session

Some photos from this evening's running session on the layout. Maria seems to have overcome to problems it had earlier in the year and is running fine at the moment. Fingers crossed it was just a temporary issue. You will notice that the Yellow Peril has been fitted with a coupler so can haul the engineering van.
Jam Sandwich with the express

Maria with the steel truck

Yellow Peril heads off to check the line

Percy with the local train

Monday, September 11, 2017

Project #077

Its been a bit slow on the model building front over the last few weeks but Project #077 a Focke-Wulf Fw190 is nearly finished. Just a little bit of paint finishing and decals / varnishing to do!

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Motorbahnwagen

Time for another "loco", though this time an engineering trolly. Of course we have decided to call this the Yellow Peril.

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Hard running

Fingers crossed but Maria's problems seem to be over. I gave the loco some extended running to see if that could solve the problems its developed lately (cutting out and grinding to a halt), 2 hours yesterday and another tonight. It all seems to be OK now, not quite as good as Percy but not bad. Even handled a 2 coach train. Maybe it was just a bit of debris that got in the motor somewhere? Hopefully the problem will not return.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Two projects on the go

Two model kit projects are currently on the go. Project #076 is an ancient Airfix kit of a British Railways Park Royal Railbus (OO scale). Building is pretty much complete and painting has begun though is currently on hold as i need specific railway colours for it. Another project is #077 which is a Focke-Wulf Fw 190 and painting can soon begin of that.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Ballasting and OO

I was going to do it next year but i have decided to do some ballasting, mostly under the new bridge. It will be difficult to ballast when the bridge is completed so i decided to ballast it now. I've extended the ballast to cover the approach roads to the station and MPD. It all looks reasonably good... so far.

The bridge will be a railway bridge by the way. I will get some HO scale stock for it one day but for the moment a couple of carriages from my stored OO scale fleet are being used!